Congratulations! You have decided to purchase a home, or are thinking about buying one. You'll be joining the ranks of hundreds of families who realize that home ownership offers a number of benefits including building equity, saving for the future, and creating an environment for your family. When you own your own home, your hard-earned dollars contribute to your mortgage. The equity you earn is yours. Over time, your home will increase in value.
1. When obtaining new financing, you must obtain homeowner’s insurance (and flood insurance if applicable) BEFORE closing.
2. If purchasing a condo or deed restricted home, association approval may be necessary; check with me, Alisa Rogers your REALTOR for instructions.
3. Call water, electric and telephone companies two days before closing to order service.
4. A few days before closing, you may take a “walk-through” tour of the home with me, Alisa Rogers your REALTOR.
5. Before closing, you will receive a copy of the Settlement Statement, which will tell you the amount of certified funds (money order or cashier’s check) you must bring to closing.
*Bring your driver’s license or other photo ID to closing.*
Important Telephone Numbers
Telephone: Bell South (800) 753-2909
Electric: FPL (Florida Power & Light) (386)252-1541 or (800) 226-3545
Cable or Satellite Brighthouse Cable (386) 760-9950 or Direct TV (800) 481-6922
Drivers License: (386) 238-3140 Auto Tags: (386) 257-6013
Daytona News Journal: (386) 252-1511
Water: Trash pickup:
Daytona Beach (386) 671-8100 Daytona Beach (386) 248-0771
Holly Hill (386) 248-9463 Holly Hill (386) 248-9432
Port Orange (386) 506-5720 Ormond Beach (386) 677-0800
South Daytona (386) 322-3002 Palm Coast (386) 986-2330
Ormond Beach (386) 676-3209 Port Orange (386) 506-5575
Palm Coast (386) 986-2360
Flagler Beach (386) 517-2000
In the following reports, you'll find the information you need to make a wise buying decision. We'll take you through the planning process step-by-step , to help you determine which home is right for you. You'll find a host of informative articles on mortgages, viewing homes, the offer, closing details and moving.
Please contact me if you have any questions about buying a home in Flagler and Volusia County, Florida or elsewhere in Florida.